Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Make-your-own-monster

Evie’s cousin Jackie spent the night.  We went swimming and watched a movie and they made their own paper plate monster.  They really had a lot of fun with this and lasted longer then I thought a 3 & 4 year old would doing this project. 

P2030011

I placed bowls of items from my pantry and craft cupboard on the table, gave each girl a paint brush and a small bowl of mod podge and off they went!  Some plates turned out to be more monster-like than another, but overall, they loved creating their own art!

P2030001

We had dry noodles, chow mein noodles, nibs, nilla wafers, m&M’s, chipboard pieces, marshmallows.  I just pulled from what I had on hand.  P2030002P2030003P2030004P2030005P2030009

Evie had so much fun creating her pictures, that when she ran out of paper plates, she picked up one of our dinner/salad plates (stoneware!) and started creating on that.  She had no idea that you don’t do that.  (hilarious) & I didn’t realize what she had done until she was this far along:  (I did find her more paper plates after that!)P2030014

No comments:

Post a Comment