Monday, February 1, 2010

My First Turkey Dinner!

I have had this turkey in my freezer for awhile now, and decided it was time to take it out and learn how to cook it!!! I prepared it by putting cut up onion pieces and celery. But first, I had to take out the insides. My mom coached me through it, but I thought the inside bone was what was supposed to come out!! I pulled and pulled (no joke--and I can't believe I admit it, but I really had no idea), but it didn't come. Finally I called my mom and said, now WHAT part comes out? She helped me find the little packet to pull out. It was an 18 pound turkey and it cooked in 5 hours. It was wonderful! I had my family over to help eat it and we had such a fun time! I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. You'll just have to trust me when I say it turned out beautifully!


No comments:

Post a Comment